We are delighted that you have come to find out more about The Northern Young Leadership Project.
We’re so glad you’ve found us. Welcome.
The Northern Young Leaders Project is an exciting internship based in Cumbria. We are looking for 5 young adults from the UK (aged 18-30), 3 to join us as MES interns interested in exploring their calling and vocation through a year volunteering in churches, parishes and pioneer projects, and 2 as Future Youth Interns working specifically with children and young people.
You will join with interns from across the world who come on a mission exchange here in Cumbria.
The internship begins at the end of August 2024, running for 11 months.
This is part of the national Church of England Ministry Experience Scheme in the Diocese of Carlisle, it’s FREE to intern with us and offers you:
- Experience in parish ministry and community engagement
- Experience of pioneering mission and Fresh Expressions
- Ten days induction, theological and cross cultural training hosted by the Norwegian Mission Society in Norway.*
- Teaching in theology and mission
- Discipleship in church leadership and missional living
- Opportunity to engage with interns who are serving in Cumbria from around the world
- Engagement and input with the vocations team within Carlisle Diocese
- Full board and living allowance
- MES interns only – six day debrief with the Norwegian Mission Society at a European destination*
- Future Youth Interns only – dedicated online and residential training in children’s and youth work delivered by Aurora.
*flights and accommodation for these trips are on us!
Find out more:
The Northern Young Leaders Project partnerships
We are delighted that The Northern Young Leaders Project is in partnership with the Norwegian Mission Society, the Northern Mission Centre and with Emmanuel Theological College.
The Norwegian Mission Society are an historic mission agency with close ties to us here in Cumbria, they are experts in cross cultural mission. The Northern Mission Centre is trail blazing a pioneering approach to mission in the North. Emmanuel Theological College has as its goal to form Christcentred, hope-filled, and mission-orientated lay-leaders, deacons, and priests.
Are you wondering what God is calling you to? Come and be part of the adventure. This year offers a wide ranging breadth of experience from ourselves and our partners in mission. It promises to be a unique chance to explore the future that God has for you.